Practical application in the real world
Go beyond theory to practical application with a 6-to-8-week Summer Project, a placement at a policy-focused organisation of your choosing where you can apply everything you have learned through the year to real life challenges.
Throughout your time with us, you will interact with international leaders and public sector professionals in a variety of fields who regularly visit the School to share their experiences, engage in debates and discussions and offer coaching sessions.
“One of the real value-adds of the School is its connection with government – all the really senior people who came to speak about how the work of government applies to what we were studying was such a great feature of the programme.”
Lalita Kapur, MPP 2014
Diversity is our USP
The Blavatnik School is one of only a few global schools of government in the world. This year we celebrate ten years of teaching the MPP and we remain as nimble, agile and focused as we did on our first day of teaching in 2012.
We seek students from across the globe and in 2021 we welcomed a cohort hailing from 48 different countries. Our alumni tell us that the diversity in our classrooms – not just nationality but also age, experiences and background – enriches our cohorts in ways that sets the School apart from others.
“It’s exceeded every one of my wildest expectations to meet the MPP class – I have not encountered any other programme that draws such a diverse crowd of accomplished people.”
Nina Möger Bengtsson, MPP 2021
Impact is our mission
Our impact is felt every day across the globe as alumni make positive and lasting differences to public policy, working on innovative projects and policies spanning anti-corruption, human rights, education and climate change, from the youngest Member of Parliament in Panama’s National Assembly and the UAE’s Minister of Youth Affairs, to an Assistant Governor in the Central Bank of Malaysia and the Deputy Director General of International Relations at Mexico’s Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation. Our alumni include elected representatives in Brazil, Ukraine, Canada and Mongolia and senior civil servants across the world.
You too can become part of our diverse and internationally focused community. Our student body is a group of committed and high-performing people focused on how they can best serve their communities. When you join us, you join a lifelong community of peers and a growing international alumni network which will provide you with social connections, professional advice and trusted sources of advice.
It doesn’t stop there
We want to support you with your public service career, whether you are pivoting between sectors or taking stock and refreshing skills to move to the next stage in your career.
- One to one coaching and expert guidance to discuss summer projects and careers advice
- A programme of professional development workshops including:
- foundations of public speaking
- persausive writing
- effective CV and cover letters
- A mentor programme through the academic year
- Fireside chats, Dean’s Forums with special guests reflecting on their careers, and opportunities to learn about different career paths
Studying in Oxford is within your reach
Finances should never be a barrier to studying with us. In 2021, 82 per cent of our MPP students received full or partial scholarships, be it from external, Oxford University's or the School's own scholarships.
See funding options.
This is the time to take the next step
Now more than ever, the world needs effective leaders who act with integrity and compassion.
Is this you?
- You are a leading member of your community with a commitment to making a difference and achieving a positive change in public policy. You empower, enable and inspire others.
- You see your rising potential and have a belief in your vision, underpinned by a keen sense of humility and integrity and a desire to keep listening and learning.
- You have a curious and enquiring mind that takes you across barriers to build unlikely coalitions for the benefit of all.
“The friends and colleagues you make at the Blavatnik School open up the world to you. Even years later, we all are strong friends, keeping in touch, chatting about problems and visiting each other’s countries. Of the many great things about an MPP, this is the most enduring and valuable.”
David Barda (MPP 2015, Australian)
- September 2022: Admissions opens for our 2023 intake
- Friday 6 January 2023: deadline for applications to the MPP
- Mid-late March: Offer letters issued for the MPP
- March – June: securing funding for your studies
- 31 May – deadline to submit your English language test and transcripts
- June – make accommodation arrangements
- July – submit your visa application
- September – MPP induction begins