Our alumni are exceptional achievers and change-makers who share a commitment to improving public service.
They are already making an impact on public policy around the world – from the youngest Member of Parliament in Panama's National Assembly and the UAE's Minister of Youth Affairs, to an Assistant Governor in the Central Bank of Malaysia and the Deputy Director General of International Relations at Mexico’s Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation.
After your studies at the Blavatnik School, you will be part of a lifelong community in which alumni can turn to each other and our faculty to find trusted sources of advice and research. These connections also serve as powerful reminders for all of us of our shared commitment to public service and our desire to make a real difference in the world.
We aim to support all of our alumni – across degrees and years – in sharing expertise, building networks and seizing opportunities well beyond the completion of their studies with us.
“My colleagues from the Blavatnik School are my best friends and confidants. Whether it’s technical, tactical, or emotional support, I turn to my classmates continually. And to my surprise, the network gets stronger over time, as we each deepen our own areas of expertise and consequently have more and more knowledge and authority to support each other on professional and personal questions.”
Connor Lyons (MPP 2015, Canadian)
“The friends and colleagues you make at the Blavatnik School open up the world to you. Even years later, we all are strong friends, keeping in touch, chatting about problems and visiting each other’s countries. Of the many great things about an MPP, this is the most enduring and valuable.”
David Barda (MPP 2015, Australian)
We invite alumni to share news, views and insights with us and keep up-to-date with the latest at the School, including by:
- using the School’s online community platform in which they can find each other by class year, industry, company and location, as well as discuss public policy questions and issues relating to their work.
- joining the Alumni Group on LinkedIn;
- staying up to date with the University of Oxford Alumni Network; and
- sharing opinions, insights and comment on the School Blog.
Our alumni can stay connected with the School in a number of ways, including by:
- becoming a mentor for other students;
- acting as an ambassador for the School, connecting us with future students, partners and donors;
- collaborating with faculty on research projects;
- attending and facilitating events;
- participating as a visiting expert, for example at a career-focussed seminar or practical skills session; and
- hosting a summer project student.
Please see the University of Oxford alumni privacy notice for information on how alumni personal data is held and used.
If alumni no longer wish to be contacted by the University Alumni Office or the Blavatnik School of Government Alumni Office or would like to alter how the data is held or used, contact email@example.com.