Oxford-Reuben Israeli ScholarshipRegion/country: IsraelMiddle EastAsiaScholarship source: University of Oxford
University of Oxford
- Amount: Fees and a contribution towards living expenses
- Eligibility: Students ordinarily resident in Israel
- Application process: No separate application process
- The scholarship is only tenable at Reuben College. All eligible applicants will be considered for this scholarship, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference on the graduate application form. However, successful applicants will be transferred to Reuben College in order to take up the scholarship.
Chevening ScholarshipRegion/country: AfghanistanAlbaniaAlgeriaAngolaAnguillaAntigua and BarbudaArgentinaArmeniaAustraliaAzerbaijanBahamasBangladeshBarbadosBelarusBelizeBeninBermudaBhutanBoliviaBosnia and HerzegovinaBotswanaBrazilBritish Virgin Islands (BVI)BruneiBurkina FasoBurundiCambodiaCameroonCanadaCabo VerdeCentral African Republic (CAR)ChadChileChinaColombiaComorosCook IslandsCosta RicaCote d'IvoireCubaDemocratic Republic of the CongoDjiboutiDominicaDominican RepublicEcuadorEgyptEl SalvadorEquatorial GuineaEritreaSwazilandEthiopiaFalkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)FijiGabonGambiaGeorgiaGhanaGrenadaGuatemalaGuineaGuinea-BissauGuyanaHaitiHondurasHong KongIcelandIndiaIndonesiaIranIraqIsraelJamaicaJapanJordanKazakhstanKenyaKiribatiKosovoKyrgyzstanLaosLebanonLesothoLiberiaLibyaMadagascarMalawiMalaysiaMaldivesMaliMarshall IslandsMauritaniaMauritiusMexicoMicronesiaMoldovaMongoliaMontenegroMontserratMoroccoMozambiqueMyanmarNamibiaNauruNepalNew ZealandNicaraguaNigerNigeriaMacedoniaPalestinePakistanPalauPanamaPapua New GuineaParaguayPeruPhilippinesRepublic of the CongoRussiaRwandaSaint HelenaSaint Kitts and NevisSaint LuciaSaint Vincent and the GrenadinesSamoaSao Tome and PrincipeSenegalSerbiaSeychellesSierra LeoneSingaporeSolomon IslandsSomaliaSouth AfricaSouth KoreaSouth SudanSri LankaSudanSurinameSyriaTaiwanTajikistanTanzaniaThailandTimor-LesteTogoTongaTrinidad and TobagoTunisiaTurkeyTurkmenistanTurks and Caicos IslandsTuvaluUgandaUkraineUruguayUzbekistanVanuatuVenezuelaVietnamYemenZambiaZimbabweAfricaAsiaEuropeEurope (excluding UK)Latin America and the CaribbeanMiddle EastNorth AmericaOceaniaSouth AmericaScholarship source: External
Chevening Scholarships is the UK government's international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, Chevening offers two types of awards – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by British Embassies and High Commissions throughout the world. The deadline for Chevening in most countries is 1 November 2022.NovemberExternal
The Oxford Lebanon Master of Public Policy Graduate ScholarshipRegion/country: LebanonAsiaMiddle EastScholarship source: Blavatnik School of Government
JanuaryBlavatnik School of Government
- Amount: Full fees and a set amount to cover living expenses.
- Eligibility: Those ordinarily resident in Lebanon will be considered. Candidates must demonstrate a clear commitment to returning to and supporting Lebanon.
- Application process: Firstly, applicants for the scholarship must complete the MPP course application by the January deadline and those that meet the criteria must complete the Blavatnik School of Government scholarship questionnaire (which will be sent to everyone eligible who receives an MPP offer).
- There is one scholarship available each year.
Oxford Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Graduate ScholarshipRegion/country: AlgeriaBahrainComorosDjiboutiEgyptIraqJordanKuwaitLebanonLibyaMauritaniaMoroccoOmanPalestineQatarSaudi ArabiaSomaliaSudanSyriaTunisiaUnited Arab Emirates (UAE)YemenAfricaMiddle EastAsiaScholarship source: University of Oxford
- Amount: Full fees and a set amount to cover living expenses
- Eligibility: Applicants who are ordinarily resident in one of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen. You should be intending to return to one of the eligible countries on completion of your studies.
- Application process: Via University of Oxford application form
The scholarships have been jointly funded by the University and H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum through the Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Foundation. The Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Foundation (MBRF) was established in 2007 to provide support for knowledge and development in the Arab region and beyond. The Foundation actively promotes education at all levels to enable individuals to make the best use of their abilities to benefit themselves and others.University of Oxford
Imperialism in the developing world
A book panel on the causes and consequences of British and American imperialism upon Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America – from formal colonialism to the most recent US war on Iraq