The course will take place at the new purpose-built and state-of-the-art Blavatnik School of Government building. The address is:
Blavatnik School of Government University of Oxford,
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter,
Oxford OX2 6GG, United Kingdom
(If arriving on foot the building can be accessed via 120 Walton Street.)
Exeter College, Cohen Quad
Walton St, Oxford OX1 2HD
The accomodation is a two minute walk to the Blavatnik School of Government.
Transportation to Oxford
Airports in the UK
It is likely that you will fly into Heathrow or Gatwick.
- Heathrow terminal maps can be found by visiting the Heathrow Airport maps page.
- Gatwick terminal maps can be found by visiting the Gatwick Airport maps page.
There are many ways in which you travel to/from Oxford & the airport.
Private car service
The Airline bus is an economical and quick way to travel directly to Oxford if arriving at Heathrow or Gatwick Airports. The bus departs every 30 minutes during peak daytime hours and once an hour at off-peak times. The bus has charging points for your phone/laptop, toilets, and free WiFi internet access. The journey time to Oxford is approximately 1 hour 40 minutes (Heathrow) and 2 hours (Gatwick). The cost of a ticket is £29 return (from Heathrow) and £37 return (from Gatwick) and you can pay in cash (£, €, US $) on the bus. You do not need to book in advance.
Heathrow specific instructions to find the bus:
- Arriving at Terminal 1, 2 or 3: follow the signs in the arrival hall to the Central Bus Station, then take the lift up to the bus station and you will arrive in the ticket hall.
- Arriving at Terminal 4: follow the signs in the arrival hall to ‘the trains’ and take the free Heathrow Express train service to ‘Heathrow Central’; a three-minute train journey. Follow the signs to the Central Bus Station, take the lift up to the bus station and you will arrive in the ticket hall.
- Arriving at Terminal 5: the bus service to Oxford also departs from Terminal 5 next to the arrival area (stop 10), so you do not need to go to the Central Bus Station.
Gatwick specific instructions to find the bus:
- Arriving at Gatwick North Terminal: the bus leaves from Lower Forecourt stands 4 and 5.
- Arriving at Gatwick South Terminal: the bus leaves from Lower Forecourt stands 1 and 2.
For more information, please visit the Airline bus website.
There are direct trains to Oxford station and Oxford Parkway station, at least every hour, from London’s Paddington and Marylebone train stations. If you happen to arrive at St Pancras on the Eurostar, you will need to get a Tube train (the underground) to Paddington or Marylebone or you can also hail a taxi. The Tube timetables and information are available on the London Tube website.
To book a ticket from London to Oxford or Oxford Parkway, or if you need train timetables, visit the National Rail website. Once you have arrived in Oxford or Oxford Parkway, there is a taxi rank for transportation to your hotel.