The DPhil in Public Policy aims to:
- Hone your research skills in ways that are relevant to policy-focused research.
- Develop your interdisciplinary understanding of policy challenges.
- Equip you to be able to design and undertake original research which makes a real contribution to the development and/or analysis of public policy.
- Enhance your ability to communicate your research findings to the policy community in a way that ensures real world impact.
- Enable you to present a lucid and scholarly thesis for examination.
During your DPhil, as well as developing your academic research expertise, you will learn how to communicate your findings and analysis effectively – an essential skill to achieve real impact.
You will have the opportunity to attend an impressive set of seminars within the Blavatnik School and across the University of Oxford, where you will learn in a multidisciplinary environment and present your research proposals to relevant audiences. You will also benefit from being part of an extraordinary network of peers to share ideas and advice, while meeting and interacting with prominent public policy practitioners who will help you root your research into practical issues.